Saturday, February 13, 2010

Off and Knitting

Sure was hard waiting for the cauldron to get lit at the opening ceremonies of the 2010 winter olympics last night -- I had made the decision to wait for the lighting before casting on for my ribwarmer vest. I passed the time working on the first side panel of the coco panel cardigan. Seems to be a mistake in the pattern at this point and, after confirming this with Ruth C. who is also knitting this garment (thank the gods that she checks her email on a Friday night!), I ripped out 4 rows. Might be for the best -- I was supposed to bind off for the armhole when half the back measures 21cm, and I had gone past that point, accidentally of course. When I pick up this project once again, I'll be ready for the bind off.

So here is the extent of olympic knitting, Day 1:



I know, not much. But it was after 10pm before I can begin. I expect to get much more accomplished today; would like to get at least to the start of the front turn. Would getting through it be asking for too much?

No comments: