This was a fun project, and I could certainly see making another ribwarmer, though out of a different fiber. Unspun Icelandic is a bit scratchy for my taste, but it certainly was interesting to work with. Perhaps it will feel softer once it's been washed and dries.
Now I need to decide what UFO I want to try finishing before the Olympic flame is extinguished. My choices are:
(1) The JSS Coco Panel Cardigan -- body and sleeves have been knit. What's left are the 4 side panels and then sewing the entire sweater together. Side seams won't be too bad; I don't mind them. It's the set-in sleeves that I'm dreading. Can't imagine that I can get all of that done in a week, especially the finishing work.
(2) Kai-Mei Socks -- one sock done except for the toe, second sock done through the heel. This seems like a much more reasonable possibility, especially since I can take it with me and work on it on the bus, at concerts (of which there are at least two I am planning on attending before the closing ceremony), at the dentist next Thursday (while I get a new crown and expect to have lots of waiting time while it's being made on the spot).
(3) Jarek's chunky socks -- the first one has barely been started, and I'm not sure I'm up to figuring out what to do with them. He designed the color pattern, complete with a spiral that runs around the leg and foot.
Sure, there are other UFOs lying around, but they are mostly shawls in various stages of completion, none of which are far enough along to make completion in a week even remotely possible. None of them can be worked on away from home, either.
Looks like I've talked myself into working on Kai-Mei. Yeah.

No comments:
Post a Comment