
I promised myself that I would not get swept up in the excitement of the 2010 Winter Olympics and join any of the knitting olympics that I knew would be arranged. And then the Harlot had to go and start up hers. Like a fool I committed this morning to making an EZ Ribwarmer vest using sumac red unspun Icelandic that I had purchased at Knitting Camp in 2008. I just swatched, and it looks like I'll get gauge (4st/inch) using size 5 needles. I have The Knitting Workshop and Spun Out #42 (Ribwarmer Revisted) as my guides and am ready to go. I have read through the pattern a number of times in the past and have never quite understood how this pattern works out (sort of like the first Baby Surprise I ever made) but will take it on faith that it will work out in the end. Wish me luck!
This also means that I should try to do a better job of updating this blog. Time will tell...

1 comment:
I may join the crazy team with you. I have been wanting a rib warmer for a long time. Of course I have the unspun for it so I should swatch tonight!
Post a Comment