Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making Progress

Knitting on the Ribwarmer is going well, and I finally feel as if I know what I'm doing. The biggest decision I've had to make so far is the amount of curve to put into the corners. I decided to stop turning when there were 5 stitches left on the needle. According to Meg S., that produces a gentle curve. It was tempting to go for the more rounded corner, but I'm happy with the result.





Working with the unspun Icelandic is interesting. I've had one of the strands (I'm doubling, pulling strands from both the inside and outside of the wheel) break a couple of times, but it's easy to get going again. The knitted material feels a bit scratchy on my neck and I am wondering if it will soften up after wet blocking. And that raises the question -- should I wet block? Perhaps I should knit up a small square and see what happens when I block it.

Seems like I won't have trouble finishing the Ribwarmer before the end of the Olympics. Perhaps I can make progress on one of my other designated projects. Here's Kai-Mei, which I worked on while attending the Garden Expo on Sunday:



It's unlikely that I will be able to finish both socks, but the second one is done through the heel so I'm further than this photo might indicate.

No comments: