Monday, October 22, 2007

Pictures, Current Projects



Larry's sweater has been measured, blocked and resized, measured again, and was presented to him on his birthday last Thursday. It fits well, and he seems to be pleased with it. It's been too warm here in southern Wisconsin for him to wear it yet, but the weather is 20 degrees cooler today so perhaps I will see it on him sometime this week. At the moment it's sitting on the kitchen table.



I normally would have doubled the number of rows on the neck ribbing, but Larry didn't want it riding any higher on his neck. So this sweater has the briefest neck ribbing I've ever used. Most of the time it will be covered by a shirt collar so hopefully it will work ok.



I am pleased with the shoulder shaping:












I have gone back to work on the Icarus shawl, and am on the 4th repeat of Chart A. I also worked on the Equilateral vest on our trip to Orlando a couple of weeks ago,



finishing the right front.

While in Orlando I also worked on #2 of the Retro Rib sock, finishing the leg, turning the heel, and getting through the heel gusset. Since taking this picture, I have continued on the foot, getting another inch done while attending a symphony concert this past weekend. Yes, I actually knit at the symphony! No one seems to mind, and it keeps me from nodding off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry's sweater looks terrific! Nice job; well done.
I'll be anxious to see your completed Retro sock picture on Ravelry.