Monday, August 10, 2009

Update, but no knitting today

Ok, so it's been a week since I posted, but that's better than a year, right?

I have finished knitting the linen cardigan (other than the front band) and have begun sewing it together. So far I have attached the fronts to the back and the sleeves to the body, and I have begun the side seams. I think I'm going to like it.

I have joined the front and back of the red pullover and have begun knitting one of the sleeves (down, from the body). I like it so far.

A few rows of the two-at-a-time toe-up socks on two circulars were knitted while watching Julie and Julia at Sundance 608 yesterday. Great movie. I hope the socks are half as good. I have about one inch to go before starting the heel. I still don't know how this -- no heel gusset -- is going to work. I'm knitting blind...

I should be knitting more, but have been reading some really interesting books -- in the past 2 months I've been working through the John Rain novels by Barry Eisler, and just picked up the latest one (2007) from the library. Before going to the library, I finished reading "A Reliable Wife" by Robert Goolrick -- fascinating read.

Pictures soon.

No comments: