Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's December already?

Where did November go? Seems like I just wrote about my first days of retirement, and now my first month is gone! I'm trying to get into some sort of daily routine, but no two days are alike so that is difficult. I have been successful at going to our fitness club every morning (Monday through Friday) and taking either a low-impact aerobics/toning class or something called Body Sculpt. I wasn't sure I would like the group experience (I'm one of those lonely long distance runners) but I'm finding it to be really quite enjoyable. The same people show up at the classes in the morning, and I'm starting to get to know some of them. This past week I even managed to run 3 miles on a treadmill after Body Sculpt.

So far I haven't spent much time during the days knitting or spinning. But I have managed to finish the equilateral vest:



I really like the way it turned out, and have even worn it a couple of times. I thought the i-cord border would take a long time, but it actually went quickly.

I have also finished a couple of scarves, one for me and one that will be a gift to someone at some point. Hobbes has become a useful model, it turns out.

Today we are having the first major winter storm of the season. Started out with 5-6 inches of snow, followed by sleet, freezing rain, back to sleet. Something's still coming down, and the winds are expected to pick up over night.

No comments: