Saturday, July 28, 2007

Knitting Camp Recap

I attended Meg Swansen's Knitting Camp 2 last weekend, and it was as wonderful an experience as Camp 1 was last year. Maybe even better. The attendees were a mixture of last year's Camp 1 graduates, returning Camp 2ers, and first-timers. It was good to see familiar faces and to get to make new friends (including someone who works in my favorite LYS -- hope to see you soon, Dee!). It's hard to describe exactly how wonderful Camp is -- you really need to experience it for yourself! I don't think I will ever grow tired of listening to Meg, Amy, and Joyce talk about various knitting techniques. And the daily show-and-tell by campers is unbelievable. I came home so inspired, and with so many new projects to tackle. It sort of felt like Thanksgiving -- my eyes were bigger than my knitting ability.

No comments: